The Art Colony and related sites are just a modern day book with photos

please share our address here with others as a book

and its a book by donation mostly yet we sell subscriptions to forums

other wise its free to view and listen to the music

signatrure0999123456789.jpg

• REPRESSION is COMMUNISM! BODY AUTONOMY for ALL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Communist_repression

• 226318120_23847857240430382_8268526558249737630_n (1).jpg

In service to a great nation, I gave nearly my all. My soul for God and Country! Your Psychological Warrior for the war effort. MK-Donald/donna

• While there are eternal truths such as gravity exists but why? (theory/model/faith) yet life is a series of half-truths that create an understanding or an illusion of preference  for each of us when added up making what some call that faith theory or modeling.

• My personal opinion is that I am HALF right, and you are HALF wrong.
    DKMeek the Magician 19@nodkeem

•  perhaps we are all conservatives yet we take the things that are offbeat and outcast at times and propose a better life that is more inclusive of the individuals in a society that is the liberal way

DEV>Color customizable gem stones PSD PNG stock! + DD?

RSS-feed

Ive been hired to design playing cards and part of cards' design are gems. Im still not sure what collor will the guy want so i made the gem in such a way so its color and shine can be easily changed any time.
Here i present four random colors that i made simply by changing gradient of one layer's styles.

And i thought that some people might find this usefull as well so here i am with a color customizable photoshop PSD file! I will write down a few details so that you know how to work with it.

HOW TO USE AND CHANGE COLORS:
  • download the file. It is a photoshop PSD file with separated layers
  • the file is in CMYK colors, so it can be printed in high quality too
  • if you want to use it in a PNG image without background, switch it to RGB colors before changing them!
  • you have 4 preset gems to play with
  • each gem's layers are in separated folders
  • you can hide any layer if youre not satisfied with too many shine or shadows
  • to change gem colors, each gem has a little different settings, but the main color is always managed in the RED colored layer.
  1. Gem 1 (for gems with texture): Use classic gradient tool to recolor the RED layer (i reccommend using at least 2 darker but rich colors or else it will be over-shined). Then open RED layer's "Layer style" to change and play with its texture in "Pattern overlay" section.
  2. Gem 2 (for gems with dark colors + texture): open RED layer's "Layer style" and change colors in "Gradient overlay" section (i reccommend using at least 2 very dark and rich colors). Then you can hide or change texture in "Texture" under "Bevel and Emboss" section in RED layer's "Layer style", too.
  3. Gem 3 and 4 (for simple colors): Both gems have same settings and their colors can be changed in RED layer's "Layer style" in "Gradient overlay" section (i reccommend using at least 3 darker colors or else it will be over-shined). The only difference is that the gradient color comes from different direction.
  • i reccommend changing also star shine layer (yellow colored) so it fits the color of the gem
  • to change the background shine color, open Layer Style of the whole group and change color in "Outer glow" section (choose darker but rich color) and then change color in "Drop shadow" section (keep the color light and rich)

Dont forget to give proper credits and tag me so i can see what you made with it :)

----------------------------------------

EDIT:
I changed and added more settings to gem 1 and 2 to give you more variations to play with. Therefore Gem 1 was set to have textures like a cosmic nebula and Gem 2 was set for darker colors like void gems etc. Hope the description and "how to use" part is understable enough with my bad english ^^; and thanks for this idea goes to TRVartwork 😊

----------------------------------------

EDIT 2: DAILY DEVIATION???
Oooohkay... today's morning my phone started to beep unusually often and i found out that this became a DD??? Well heh uhhh... lets use this special moment for a few words to get noticed too:
1) first of all i want to hugely thank to whoever liked this so much so they took their time to nominate it and send it to DA staff as a suggestion for DD. That means much more to me than the DD itself ♥

2) about the DD itself..im here on DA for 14 years now and im glad that i improved my skills enough during that time to actually be honored by DD which i wished to get already in my early days on DA when my art wasnt even that good enough to deserve any attention hehe

3) HOWEVER, i dont want this to sound ungrateful, consider it rather a sad mourn that nowadays Daily Deviation award doesnt mean too much to me anymore since DA staff forced their crappy Eclipse design on us. Why? Back then when you opened DA's mainpage, first thing you saw were DDs. And even if you were in your inbox, there was a bottom bar where at least a few DDs were shown...now? Where do we even see DDs? I havent seen them in AGES. There seems to be a button on mainpage that leads you to DDs, but who clicks these? Even bore my art became a DD, i wanted DDs to be more noticed again. They again should be shown on mainpage without need to click anywhere. They should always be shown at least in the bottom bar as before, too, because DDs are always interesting, inspiring, original and you never know what might catch your eye there. I dont consider my art good enough for DD, so im surprised by this, especially because i suck at drawing gems haha, but those who actually deserve DD and attention for their awesome art should be shown on DA more than being hidden under some little button on mainpage, right? 👍

4) and so with all this, i want to use this chance to say this: BRING BACK DEVIANTART'S OLD DESIGN WHERE EVERYTHING WAS SIMPLE AND WELL ARRANGED!

5) i am not grateful for getting a DD, it doesnt mean as much to me as it meant back in the good old days. The only thing that means a lot to me is that somebody liked my picture enough and took their time to contact admins to suggest it for the DD. So thank you so much to whoever did it, that is the thing that matters to me ♥ And of course thank you all who take the time to click that tiny button on the mainpage to go through DDs and notice art of people like that ♥

thumbnail

View the full article