The Art Colony and related sites are just a modern day book with photos

please share our address here with others as a book

and its a book by donation mostly yet we sell subscriptions to forums

other wise its free to view and listen to the music

signatrure0999123456789.jpg

• REPRESSION is COMMUNISM! BODY AUTONOMY for ALL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Communist_repression

• 226318120_23847857240430382_8268526558249737630_n (1).jpg

In service to a great nation, I gave nearly my all. My soul for God and Country! Your Psychological Warrior for the war effort. MK-Donald/donna

• While there are eternal truths such as gravity exists but why? (theory/model/faith) yet life is a series of half-truths that create an understanding or an illusion of preference  for each of us when added up making what some call that faith theory or modeling.

• My personal opinion is that I am HALF right, and you are HALF wrong.
    DKMeek the Magician 19@nodkeem

•  perhaps we are all conservatives yet we take the things that are offbeat and outcast at times and propose a better life that is more inclusive of the individuals in a society that is the liberal way

DEV>Journey - Traveller Plush

RSS-feed

Ahhh, Journey - - one of those high-concept games with breathtaking art, a simple premise - - and, while short to finish, sticks with you years after. So, it's no wonder I added the Traveller to my To-Do list for plush projects! I started this in March, thinking it would be a 2-week project, but it turned into a 4-month Journey, as it were ;) Lots of lessons learned, mostly that I need to learn how to silk screen LOL. I def need a break from paint stencils for a while!

These are soft body plush, without an armature inside; they've been pinned and posed for the photos. But, feel free to add wire if you'd like your Traveller posable (pattern coming soon). I tried to stick with the original model as closely as possible, in terms of the body shape (it's shaped, not just a rectangle), legs (with knees, calves, etc.), and visible textures (linen). This allows the plush to take very similar poses from the game, eg. jumping, standing, and can be sewn permanently into the Seiza (seated) pose. The scarf & robe are single pieces of fabric with painted details, so they have just enough body to not fray or look cheap, while also being able to still move & flow like fabric should. As a bonus & happy accident, the paint seals & retains any fray at the raw edge - totally in-line with the Traveller's design :) I had a blast working on this piece, and hope you all enjoy it as well! 

Size is ~14.5inT x 9inW (robe width) x 3inW (body & shoulder width).

Materials List (USED FOR) [where to buy]:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Linen Look Fabric Solid, Biking Red (RED ROBE, BODY, SCARF) [JoAnn Fabrics]

- Linen Look Fabric Solid, White (WHITE ROBE, BODY, SCARF) [JoAnn Fabrics]

- Sew Classics Alova suede cloth, Caviar (face) [JoAnn Fabrics]
(now listed online as Alova Distressed Fabric, Caviar)

- DMC cotton pearl, size 12: garnet red 814 & Ecru (matching cowl & robe fabric) [any fabric store]

- Liquitex & Golden acrylic paint (ROBE, SCARF, COWL ART) [any art store; eg. Dick Blick]

(a complete list of colors and mixes will be in the pattern & tutorial)

- Brother P-Touch Cube PT-P300BT (BODY TAG); using TZER231 1/2in satin ribbon [brother-usa.com]

- 80lb Hamilco double-sided semi gloss cardstock (PAPER TAG) [Amazon]

- PE 770 Brother Embroidery machine & thread (FACE)

If you like this plush and would like to make one of your own, please return soon to download the free pattern (ETA late Aug. or Sept. 2022)</b>

------------

Journey is owned by thatgamecompany. This plush is not for sale; I just make & share stuff I love for fun! Explore the possibilities and thanks for visiting my gallery!

thumbnail

View the full article